5 Things I Want My Sisters to Know
BIBLICAL POINT OF REFERENCE:
"And everyone who has given up houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands for the sake of my name will receive a hundred times more, and will inherit eternal life."
There's not much explanation to the words that follow; these are just some things I wanted my sisters to know - both my biological and spiritual sisters! Enjoy, my sisters!
1. Don’t ever, ever, ever stop talking to God. It doesn’t even have to be praying, just talk to Him like He’s a normal person. I find it’s easier to have a relationship with Him if I actually talk to Him like a friend. (Don’t worry, He won’t bite.)
2. All those times I was mean to my sisters makes me angry with myself, because they certainly didn’t deserve it. For that, I’m really sorry. This brings me to my next point: forgive quickly and ask for forgiveness quickly. I know I’m not following that piece of advice by saying sorry so late, but I’m striving to do better with this one.
3. Know that you are all going somewhere in life, and that on determination alone (and with help from the Big Man up there) you can do anything you set your mind to. Don’t be intimidated by college finances or competition. You will get where you need to be someday.
4. Don’t make bad decisions because your friends want you to. If you have a friend that is pushing you to do something you know is wrong, it’s going to be hard to say no to them. But I know you are all strong enough to do it, because you know what’s right. Plus, if your friends don’t respect you for saying no, they’re not real friends. I figured that out the hard way. Know that you can do it; your family is behind you every step of the way.
5. Peace comes easily when Jesus is right in front of you. So visit Him often, pray to Him everyday, and know that He can bring inner calmness just by sitting with you. Side note: He will come knocking on your heart when you stop running to Him, and He will do so because He loves you more than I can say.
Your Laughing Sister,
Check out the BEING GODLY WOMEN and WISDOM quotes pages for more inspiration!