BIBLICAL POINT OF REFERENCE:
"The human heart plans the way, but the LORD directs the steps."
Over the years, particularly throughout college (which I only have one more year left--where did the time go???), I have learned what many would consider to be life lessons. These life lessons have gotten me through the best and worst of times, and every single one of them has come to me through the inspiration of God. So I thought I would share with you all this week the wise words of the Lord himself, with the hopes that they inspire you too, and maybe help you through whatever is going on right now.
Without further ado, here are the The Rules to Living Life Fully in God!
1. You can do anything with determination and God. I'm a firm believer that if you put your mind to it, you can do anything. But then I realized that God also helps you out more than you may notice initially. So I amended my original statement of "You can do anything on determination alone" and added God in there--cause that's what it's all about.
2. You've equipped yourself with the resources - use them. We have been given several little gifts in life, such as love, patience, family, friends, and so much more. These gifts add up to tons and tons of resources for us to use when we need them--so use them when you need them!
3. Dress for yourself, but also for the people you didn't know you would see. I love fashion and I love clothes, but I also know the struggle of getting up and getting dressed everyday, and sometimes my heart isn't into looking nice. Then I think of this rule, and I find that I feel better when I put more effort into how I look and take care of myself. Surprisingly, I tend to then also look better for the people I didn't know I would see!
4. Laughter is key. The website is called SheCanLaugh after all....
5. Hold yourself to a standard, not a settlement. You are the daughter of a King. Act like one. Treat yourself like one. Ensure others treat you like one. And don't settle for anything less.
6. Always mentally prepare yourself for the road that will rise to meet you. My favorite Irish blessing starts with, "May the road rise to meet you...." I've always loved the phrasing of that, and I think it is a telling sign that the right path will put itself in front of you at the right time. But sometimes, we don't mentally prepare ourselves for that path, and I believe we should prepare ourselves for the fact that God may have literally anything in store for us.
7. What you know doesn't need to be studied - it needs to be applied. A high school teacher of mine always said that you don't need to study what you already know. Take what you know and start to apply it to the world around you. Experiment with your own knowledge and see where it takes you - in a faithful and appropriate way, of course!
8. Keep your eyes open for amazing opportunities that are the right fit for you. Not every opportunity that presents itself to you is the right one to take. Pray about these opportunities, and even if it's difficult to admit, learn the difference between the opportunities that are the right fit and aren't the right fit.
9. You may not know how you're going to do it, but you know you're going to do it. This is one of my life mottos: Whenever I get a tough assignment or have to dive into a new and unfamiliar environment, I always tell myself that in the end, I'll have done it. And I may not know how I'm going to, but in the end I know I will.
10. The future is any time, the past was every time, but the present is all the time. We don't know what's coming, and we can't change what has happened, but we always have now to live life to the fullest. So live it to the fullest!
Your Laughing Sister,